9 August 2013 - More than 200 indigenous and non-indigenous canoe paddlers arrived in Manhattan today, after having travelled for almost two weeks down the Hudson River from upstate New York, to take part in an event at the United Nations to mark the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples.
9 August 2013 - Marking the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples, United Nations officials today urged governments to honour the treaties and agreements established with their indigenous groups, stressing that respecting official policies is the only way to maintain peace and advance development.
7 August 2013 - Ahead of the International Day of the World’s Indigenous People, the United Nations human rights chief today urged States to do more to honour and strengthen their treaties with indigenous peoples, no matter how long ago they were signed.
29 July 2013 - Panama must continue to strengthen the rights of its indigenous people and ensure they are allowed to preserve their land and autonomy, a United Nations independent expert said today, raising concerns over the recent loss of large indigenous areas to third parties.
23 May 2013 - A United Nations official today stressed that Africa has taken positive steps to protect the rights of indigenous people, adding that the continent must continue making progress and avoid repeating mistakes made by other regions.
- Implementing Declaration on Indigenous Rights Will Be Difficult or Impossible without Greater Awareness of Human Rights Values, Third Committee Told - 21 October 2013
- Secretary-General, in Message for International Day, Urges Member States to Address Marginalization, Exclusion of Indigenous Peoples - 9 August 2013
- Post-2015 Agenda Must Incorporate Rights, Perspectives, Needs of Indigenous Peoples, Secretary-General Stresses in Message for International Day - 6 August 2013
- Preparatory Meeting in Norway Declares Common Position for 2014 World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, to Be Held at Headquarters, 22-23 September - 13 June 2013
- We Must Work Harder to Ensure Indigenous Peoples Are Not Marginalized, Deputy Secretary-General Stresses as Session Concludes - 3 June 2013
- Closing Session, Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues Reaffirms Unswerving Desire to Preserve Identity, Secure Fully Fledged Place on Global Stage - 31 May 2013
- Progressively Poor Turnout of Member States at Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues Worrying, Say Experts, as They Consider Implications, Scope of Work - 30 May 2013