2013 REGIONAL MEETINGS ON ECOSOC ANNUAL MINISTERIAL REVIEW
Regional meetings are key preparatory activities leading to the ECOSOC Annual Ministerial Review (AMR). They focus on a topic related to the AMR theme that is of particular relevance to the region hosting the consultations and facilitate: a) exchange of views among different stakeholders; b) review of regional progress and challenges; c) sharing of good practices; d) generation of action-oriented recommendations; and e) identification of regional perspectives to be reflected in the AMR.
Three regional meetings were organized in preparation for the 2013 AMR:
- Regional Preparatory Meeting for Western Asia, 'Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development", Amman, 26 November 2012
- Regional Preparatory Meeting for Latin America, “Science and Technology for Development”, Lima, 9 January 2013
- Regional Preparatory Meeting for Asia and the Pacific, “Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) for Promoting Renewable Energy Technologies”, Bangkok, 13 March, 2013
- Regional Preparatory Meeting for Africa, “Innovation for Sustainable Development”, Dar es Salaam, 14 March, 2013
- Regional Preparatory Meeting for Europe, “The Role of Innovation in Creating a Dynamic and Competitive Economy”, Geneva, 10 April, 2013
For more information on the AMR regional meetings, please contact Mr. Alberto Padova, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UN/DESA (+1 212 963-4759; firstname.lastname@example.org).