Regional Preparatory Meeting for Europe on “The role of innovation in creating a dynamic and competitive economy”, 10 April 2013, Geneva
A regional preparatory meeting on the theme “The role of innovation in creating a dynamic and competitive economy”, will be held on 10 April 2013, in Geneva, Switzerland. The meeting is organized in preparation for the 2013 Annual Ministerial Review of the UN Economic and Social Council, to be held in Geneva in July 2013, on the theme: “Science, technology and innovation, and the potential of culture, for promoting sustainable development and achieving the Millennium Development Goals”. The meeting is organized by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (ECE) in cooperation with the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) and will take place in the context of the ECE sixty-fifth sesssion (9-11 April, 2013).
The meeting will bring together policy makers from a broad range of sectors relevant to sustainable development from ECE member countries as well as representatives of local governments, multilateral institutions, key donors, civil society and the private sector in the region, to identify trends and challenges in regards to the role of innovation in creating dynamic and competitive economies in the region.
- Keynote speech: Mr. Néstor Osorio, President of ECOSOC
- Mr. Yigal Erlich, Founder & Managing Partner, The Yozma Group, Israel (Creating an innovation ecosystem)
- Mr. Giovanni Anelli, Chief of CERN Knowledge Transfer Group (Role of research institutions)
- Mr. Philippe Ramet, Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, France (Innovation for sustainable growth)
- Mr. Pawel Stelmaszczyk, Head of Unit, European Commission, Directorate General for Mobility and Transport (Intelligent transport systems) TBC
- Mr. Stefan Sundman, Vice-President for Corporate Relations and Development, UPM, Finland(Innovation in a forest-based economy)