The Innovation Fair will be held from 30 June to 3 July 2008 at United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ) in New York . The Fair will officially open on 30 June 2008, the first day of the High-level Segment of ECOSOC, in the morning, and will close on Thursday, 3 July at 6.00 p.m. In the course of the day, it will be opened from 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The United Nations Headquarters will:
- provide each Fair participant with an exhibition space to showcase their projects/innovative tools. The dimensions will be: Table Dim: 6 or 8 or 5 foot long by 2.5 foot wide; Panels Dim: 3 to 6 foot high (Fixation by Velcro). (Please see pictures of panels in Annex 1)
- make available the material which will be needed to compose the booths: two to three chairs and one table, as well as panels for each booth.
- provide electricity to each booth. There will be wireless internet access during the Fair.
All exhibition booths should be dismantled and all materials removed from the UN premises on 3 July 2008 between 6 and 8 p.m.
- Participants should set up their booths on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 June 2008 and have them finalized by 29 June 5 p.m. UNHQ will be able to provide assistance on these days, except computer /electronic (instead of ITSD) support.
- When participants are ready to set up their stands, they should pick up their UN passes on Saturday, 28 June 2008. They should contact Paul Simon at the Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 917-367-5027), no later than 20 June 2008, provide with a list of names in alphabetical order and arrange with him the pick up of their UN passes.
Handling of Materials:
- Due to lack of space, p articipants will not be able to send their promotional materials in advance to the United Nations Headquarters . They are encouraged to bring their materials on the day that they set up their booth.
- Participants are fully responsible of their booths' items and materials while the Fair is going on. UNHQ declines responsibilities in case of theft or damage.
Examples of pictures with panels