Contents of CD-ROM:
The World Mortality 2011 CD-ROM, prepared by the United Nations Population Division, provides a comprehensive set of mortality estimates for the world’s countries and their aggregates, along with an inventory of the availability of data for the estimation of adult and child mortality at the national level.
- DISK DOCUMENTATION.RTF [PDF version]
- Basic documentation of contents
- DEFINITION OF MAJOR AREAS AND REGIONS.RTF [PDF version]
- Table defining composition of major areas and regions
The Excel files in this CD-ROM are organized into two folders: (1) Mortality Indicators and (2) Data Inventory. For a complete listing of the data files included in the CD-ROM and their contents, see tables 1 and 2 below.
- Crude Death Rate
- Infant Mortality Rate (IMR)
- Under 5 Mortality Rate (Q5)
- Life Expectancy at Birth by Sex
- Life Expectancy at ages 15 and 60
- Probability of dying between ages 15 and 60 (45q15)
- Survival Probability between ages 0, 15 and 60
- Life table survivors by sex