United Nations and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (1966). Estimating future school enrolment in developing countries (United Nations publication, Sales No. 66.XIII.3). A manual of methodology.
- Table of contents (199 KB)
- Chapter I. Introduction (185 KB)
- Chapter II.Some preliminary considerations (326 KB)
- Chapter III. Methods of estimating future school enrolment (763 KB)
- Chapter IV. Estimating future school enrolment for Colombia, 1961-1981 (1690 KB))
- Chapter V. Estimating future school enrolment for the Philippines, 1965-1980 (1053 KB)
- Chapter VI. Estimating future school enrolment for the Sudan, 1962-1971 (1079 KB)
- Chapter VII. Some example of school enrolment projections from more developed countries (1679 KB)
- Download the Module (zipped file)
This Manual is designed to assist the educational authorities in evaluating and projecting the size and dynamics of school-age population, particularly when most appropriate data is incomplete of deficient. The discussion of factors affecting school enrolment leads to the presentation of projection methods illustrated by case studies of developing (Colombia, Philippines, Sudan) and developed (France, New Zealand, United States of America) countries. The Manual is related to Projection Methods for Integrating Population Variables into Development Planning, Module Two.