United Nations (1990). Projection methods for integrating population variables into development planning. Module Two: Methods of preparing school enrolment, labour force and employment projections. ST/ESA/SER.R/90/Add.l.
- Preface and table of contents (199 KB)
- Chapter IV. Making school enrolment projections using enrolment ratios (2767 KB)
- Chapter V. Making labour force projections using labour force participation rates (1434 KB)
- Chapter VI. Making employment projections by assuming a constant rate of change in labour productivity (2384 KB)
- Chapter VII. Making employment projections using employment-value added functions (3034 KB)
- Chapter VIII. Making employment projections using inverse Cobb-Douglas production functions (1898 KB)
- Glossary (259 KB)
- Download the Module (zipped file)
This Manual is the second volume of a three-part series. It is directed at officials in the planning departments of education, economic and labour ministries. The Manual describes methods for making school enrolment projections using assumed enrolment and dropout rates and a method for making labour force projections on the basis of assumed labour force participation (economic activity) rates. Module Two is related to Module One as well as Manuals III and Estimating future school enrolment in developing countries: A manual of methodology.