United Nations (1993). Projection methods for integrating population variables into development planning. Module Three: Techniques for preparing projections of household and other incomes, household consumption and savings and government consumption and investment. ST/ESA/SER.R/90/Add.2.
- Preface and table of contents (880 KB)
- Chapter IX. Projecting income using a social accounting matrix (3219 KB)
- Chapter X. Projecting household consumption and savings using per-household specifications of demand systems (4052 KB)
- Chapter XI. Making projections of household consumption and savings using linear expenditure systems (3008 KB)
- Chapter XII. Projecting government consumption and investment in education, health and housing (2278 KB)
- Glossary (338 KB)
- Download the report (zipped file)
This Manual is the third volume of a three-part series. It is directed at officials in the ministries of finance and government agencies dealing with economic and social development. The Manual describes techniques that can be used to make projections of key average disposable income, consumption, savings or investments for households and institutions. Module Three is related to Module One of the series as well as to the Manuals III and VII.