The report documents the wide-ranging impacts of HIV/AIDS: on population size and growth and national mortality levels; on families and households; agricultural sustainability; business; the health sector; education, and economic growth. The study also shows that the AIDS epidemic will continue to have devastating consequences for decades to come for virtually every sector of society.
The report is divided into two parts. Part one is an attempt to provide a comprehensive survey of available studies on the impact of AIDS. Part two presents summaries of selected studies, with particular attention to the methodology and scope of each study.
- Chapter I: Data, sources and methods
- Chapter II: Demographic impact of AIDS
- Chapter III: Impact on households
- Chapter IV: Impact on firms
- Chapter V: Impact on agriculture
- Chapter VI: Impact on education
- Chapter VII: Impact on the health sector
- Chapter VIII: Impact on economic growth
- Chapter IX: Conclusions