The programme of side events, or activities organized outside the formal programme of the session of the Commission, provides an excellent opportunity for Member States, Observer States, Observers, UN entities and Civil Society to discuss themes of the Commission or present relevant initiatives.
Calendar of side events TBD
Schedule (Printable version) as of 31 March 2017
3 April 2017
4 April 2017
5 April 2017
General information on side event organization:
- During the annual session of the Commission on Population and Development, side events taking place at United Nations premises are generally organized by a United Nations Member State, United Nations Department, Fund or Agency. NGOs cannot reserve rooms themselves and have to go through a sponsor (United Nations Member States, United Nations Department, Fund or Agency) to reserve a room.
- Organizers need to contact the Population Division to secure a room in the United Nations building. Rooms will be booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a room has been reserved, a focal point will be assigned to assist the organizers with any additional requirements for the event, such as audio-visual equipment or any issues related to security, such as obtaining ground passes.
- Side events are usually scheduled to take place during the lunch break, that is, from 13:15 to 14:30.
- Organizers should plan to hold their event in English or make their own interpretation arrangements as interpretation services are not available for side events.
- When contacting the Population Division about side events, organizers should provide the following information:
- Name and institution of organizers (including sponsoring Member States)
- Title of side event
- Expected number of participants
- Preferred date and time
- Organizers' Contact details
- Account information
- Logistical requirements
- Organizers are asked to send a flyer for the side event to the Population Division for posting on the website for the Commission.
- Once a room has been secured and a date and time have been set, the side event will be added to the list of side events posted on the website for the Commission
If you wish to organize a side event, please contact the Population Division ahead of the meeting. Registration for side events will close on 27 March 2017.