UN DESA | DPAD | Development Policy Analysis Division
Realizing the MDGs through Socially Inclusive Macroeconomic Policies in the Arab Region
UN-DESA • UNDP • World Bank
Third Training Workshop
Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca
Casablanca, 2–5 December 2008
The third training workshop was organized on 2-5 December, 2008 in Casablanca, Morocco by UN-DESA/DPAD and UNDP/RBAS, in close collaboration with the World Bank. The workshop was held at the premises of the Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca.
The main objectives of this workshop were to:
- revisit the main routine for running macro- and MDG-versions of the CGE modelling framework in GAMS and produce simulation results in Excel, using country-specific datasets;
- discuss simulation results and how these are read from the output
- define steps for final fine-tuning of country-specific applications of the CGE modelling framework;
- provide training on a micro-simulation methodology and how this can be implemented in STATA to analyse the achievement of MDG 1 (eradication of poverty); and
- define final steps and closing timeline of the project.