Development Cooperation Policy Branch (DCPB)
Statistics on funding flows
- This web page provides a link to the annual report of the Secretary-General to ECOSOC on funding of operational activities for development, including relevant supplementary information. It responds to GA resolution 63/311 which requested the Secretary-General to create a central repository of information on United Nations operational activities for development, building on the Secretary-General’s comprehensive statistical analysis of the financing of operational activities for development of the United Nations system, and to ensure appropriate and user-friendly online access and regular updating of the information contained therein.
- The central repository of information mandated in the above GA resolution will be part of a system-wide financial statistics database and reporting system to be established by the Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB). This database will provide stakeholders with one-stop access to comprehensive financial information on the entire UN system.
- This web page, managed by OESC/DCPB, will serve as an interim repository of information on funding of operational activities for development until the system-wide financial statistics database of the CEB is operational.
Expert meeting on system-wide reporting on funding for the UN system
- Strengthening system-wide reporting on funding for the UN system
UNDESA in cooperation with the CEB Secretariat is organizing an expert meeting from 20-21 January 2011 in Geneva to discuss how to further strengthen system-wide reporting on funding (sources and uses) of UN system activities, with particular focus on operational activities for development. Further details on the meeting are provided in the below documents:
- Impact of funding on system-wide coherence of UN operational activities for development (presented at UNITAR workshop, 4 Nov 2011)
- Overview of United Nations reform II (presented at UNITAR workshop, 4 Nov 2011)
- Powerpoint of funding report presentation at UNITAR seminar (25 May 2011)
Other funding-related reports and briefs
- Preliminary estimate of contributions to operational activities for development of the United Nations system in 2009 (June 2010)
- Report of the Secretary-General: "Analysis of the funding of operational activities for development of the United Nations system for 2008" (May 2010)
Discussion note of the Secretary-General for informal consultations of the General Assembly on system-wide coherence (May 2009)
Links to earlier Secretary-General's reports to ECOSOC on funding for operational activities for development: