Opening of the Conference by the Chairman of the third session of the
2. Election of the President of the Conference.
3. Statement by the President of the Conference.
4. Address by the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
5. Address by the Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
6. Submission of the final report of the Preparatory Committee.
7. Adoption of the rules of procedure.
8. Election of
Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Main Committees, the Drafting
9. Election of Vice-Presidents.
10. Credentials of representatives to the Conference:
(a) Appointment of the Credentials Committee;
(b) Report of the Credentials Committee.
11. Confirmation of the nomination of the Secretary-General.
12. Adoption of the agenda.
13. Programme of work.
14. Adoption of arrangements for meeting the costs of the Conference.
15. General debate.
16. Review of the operation of the Treaty:*
(a) Implementation of the provisions of
the Treaty relating to
(i) Articles I and II and preambular paragraphs 1 to 3;
(ii) Article VI and preambular paragraphs 8 to 12;
(iii) Article VII, with specific reference to the main issues in (a)
(b) Security assurances:
(i) United Nations Security Council resolutions
(ii) Effective international
arrangements to assure non-nuclear-
(c) Implementation of the provisions of
the Treaty relating to non-
(i) Article III and preambular
paragraphs 4 and 5, especially in
(ii) Articles I and II and preambular paragraphs 1 to 3 in their
(iii) Article VII;
(d) Implementation of the provisions of the
Treaty relating to the inalienable
(i) Articles III (3) and IV, preambular paragraphs
6 and 7,|
(ii) Article V;
(e) Other provisions of the Treaty.
17. Role of the Treaty in the promotion of
non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and
18. Reports of the Main Committees.
19. Consideration and adoption of Final Document(s).
20. Any other business.
* See NPT/CONF.2005/31.