Women and Youth Entrepreneurship in Africa: The impact of entrepreneurial education on development (13 June 2016)
Thank you for having followed the discussion;
let's continue the global conversation #Entrepreneurship #Africa
The event analysed the development of entrepreneurship in Africa, showcased concrete examples of “impactful” women and youth entrepreneurs on the continent, and encouraged the exchange of ideas on how enterprises with a strong social foundations can accelerate the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union’s Agenda 2063. [Photo © Jiro Ose]
- Towards an integrated approach to the implementation of the IPoA: Perspectives from African and Arab LDCs (28 May, 2016)
- Sustaining Peace: Mechanisms, Partnerships and the Future of Peacebuilding in Africa (12 May 2016)
- Infrastructure and Development Within the Context of Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners (OSAA-NEPAD, 2015)
- Microfinance in Africa
Overview and Suggestions for Action by Stakeholders (OSAA, 2015)
- Africa's Decade of Change
Reflections on 10 Years of NEPAD (NEPAD, ECA, OSAA, 2013)
- Economic Diversification in Africa - A Review of Selected Countries (OECD, OSAA, NEPAD, 2011)
- Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners: Options for Africa's Development (OSAA, 2010)
- 23 June 2016 FEATURE: From Joseph Kony’s ‘wife’ to peace advocate – a courageous young woman’s journey to reclaim her life
- 15 June 2016 At Security Council, UN envoy warns LRA shifting focus to more high-profile targets in Central Africa
- 15 June 2016 First-ever UN forum on albinism in Africa to focus on 'less talk, more action'
The Africa women want | Directorate of Information and Communication | African Union Commission
Africa in Transformation
- Agenda 2063 is a vision for Africa by Africans for "an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena."
- Women and girls are driving the progress towards economic, environmental, socio-cultural, political, scientific and technological goals in Africa.
- The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI) will be held from 27 to 28 August 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- On 22 April 2016, 175 parties signed the Paris Agreement. The Agreement is critical for Africa's efforts to mitigate climate change and adapt to the impact of climate variability.
- The UN General Assembly reaffirmed its support to Africa in the new 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.