Implementing Agenda 2063 and Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development in an Integrated and Coherent Manner in Africa: Moving Forward
The objective of this event is to discuss critical issues around implementation of Agenda 2063 and SDGs in Africa in an integrated manner. It will also provide an opportunity to launch the 2016 Africa MDGs to Agenda 2063/SDGs Transition Report and the 2016 African Economic Outlook Report.
“Strengthening Partnerships for Inclusive Sustainable Development, Good Governance, Peace and Stability in Africa”
Africa Week 2016 will take place in the context of the first year of implementation of both the historic 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union’s Agenda 2063. The two agendas underscore the criticality and importance of partnerships and synergies at all levels and across all sectors for the realization of all aspirations, goals, priority actions and targets.
- Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI, 27 - 28 August 2016)
- Promoting Tourism as an Engine of Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development in Africa (21 July 2016)
- Infrastructure and Development Within the Context of Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners (OSAA-NEPAD, 2015)
- Microfinance in Africa
Overview and Suggestions for Action by Stakeholders (OSAA, 2015)
- Africa's Decade of Change
Reflections on 10 Years of NEPAD (NEPAD, ECA, OSAA, 2013)
- Economic Diversification in Africa - A Review of Selected Countries (OECD, OSAA, NEPAD, 2011)
- Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners: Options for Africa's Development (OSAA, 2010)
- 23 September 2016 At UN debate, leaders from Africa’s Sahel region spotlight efforts to keep peace, combat terrorism
- 23 September 2016 At UN, Russia blames Western ‘arrogance’ for bloodshed in Middle East and North Africa
- 23 September 2016 African leaders at UN discuss efforts to ensure vibrant private sector, transparent elections
The Africa women want | Directorate of Information and Communication | African Union Commission
Africa in Transformation
- Agenda 2063 is a vision for Africa by Africans for "an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena."
- Women and girls are driving the progress towards economic, environmental, socio-cultural, political, scientific and technological goals in Africa.
The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI) will be held on 27 & 28 August 2016 in Nairobi. Learn more about OSAA at TICAD-VI.
- On 22 April 2016, 175 parties signed the Paris Agreement. The Agreement is critical for Africa's efforts to mitigate climate change and adapt to the impact of climate variability.
- The UN General Assembly reaffirmed its support to Africa in the new 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.