ECOSOC Youth Forum, Breakout Session on Africa
The regional breakout session on Africa will provide a platform for young people around the world with emphasis on young Africans to engage with Member States, the private sector, academia, civil society, philanthropic organisations, and the Diaspora to discuss and share ideas and identify means for the effective implementation of Agenda 2030 and 2063 as well as to find solutions to challenges facing youth, including poverty, unemployment and underemployment, gender inequality, peace and security, etc.
- Observance of Africa Industrialization Day (21 November 2016)
- African Statistics Day 2016: Strengthening economic statistics for regional integration, structural transformation and sustainable development (18 November 2016)
- Infrastructure and Development Within the Context of Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners (OSAA-NEPAD, 2015)
- Microfinance in Africa
Overview and Suggestions for Action by Stakeholders (OSAA, 2015)
- Africa's Decade of Change
Reflections on 10 Years of NEPAD (NEPAD, ECA, OSAA, 2013)
- Economic Diversification in Africa - A Review of Selected Countries (OECD, OSAA, NEPAD, 2011)
- Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners: Options for Africa's Development (OSAA, 2010)
- 18 January 2017 UN forum wraps up in South Africa with a call for better data to improve people’s lives
- 18 January 2017 Yemen: Ongoing humanitarian crisis adding to migrants woes, says UN migration agency
- 15 January 2017 UN Data Forum opens in South Africa to harness power of data for sustainable development
The Africa women want | Directorate of Information and Communication | African Union Commission
Africa in Transformation
- Agenda 2063 is a vision for Africa by Africans for "an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena."
- Women and girls are driving the progress towards economic, environmental, socio-cultural, political, scientific and technological goals in Africa.
The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI) will be held on 27 & 28 August 2016 in Nairobi. Learn more about OSAA at TICAD-VI.
- On 22 April 2016, 175 parties signed the Paris Agreement. The Agreement is critical for Africa's efforts to mitigate climate change and adapt to the impact of climate variability.
- The UN General Assembly reaffirmed its support to Africa in the new 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.