“Financing Industrialization in Africa: Challenges and Winning Strategies”
The 2016 observance of Africa Industrialization Day is to raise awareness on the challenges and opportunities in financing for industrialization, taking into consideration recent success stories and elaborating on how to further galvanize support for promoting Africa's industrialization.
- African Statistics Day 2016: Strengthening economic statistics for regional integration, structural transformation and sustainable development (18 November 2016)
- High-level Event on Implementing Agenda 2063 and Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development in an Integrated and Coherent Manner in Africa: Moving Forward (21 September 2016)
- Infrastructure and Development Within the Context of Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners (OSAA-NEPAD, 2015)
- Microfinance in Africa
Overview and Suggestions for Action by Stakeholders (OSAA, 2015)
- Africa's Decade of Change
Reflections on 10 Years of NEPAD (NEPAD, ECA, OSAA, 2013)
- Economic Diversification in Africa - A Review of Selected Countries (OECD, OSAA, NEPAD, 2011)
- Africa's Cooperation with New and Emerging Development Partners: Options for Africa's Development (OSAA, 2010)
- 29 November 2016 Fleeing violence in Horn of Africa, asylum-seekers find little safety in Yemen – UN refugee agency
- 25 November 2016 DR Congo: UN envoy calls on political stakeholders to show flexibility to aid election process
- 21 November 2016 Even as HIV treatment soars, young women still face high infection risk, UN warns
The Africa women want | Directorate of Information and Communication | African Union Commission
Africa in Transformation
- Agenda 2063 is a vision for Africa by Africans for "an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena."
- Women and girls are driving the progress towards economic, environmental, socio-cultural, political, scientific and technological goals in Africa.
The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI) will be held on 27 & 28 August 2016 in Nairobi. Learn more about OSAA at TICAD-VI.
- On 22 April 2016, 175 parties signed the Paris Agreement. The Agreement is critical for Africa's efforts to mitigate climate change and adapt to the impact of climate variability.
- The UN General Assembly reaffirmed its support to Africa in the new 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.