23 June 1997
AGENDA OF THE NINETEENTH SPECIAL SESSION
OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Adopted by the General Assembly at its 1st plenary meeting,
on 23 June 1997
1. Opening of the session by the Chairman of the delegation of Malaysia.
2. Minute of silent prayer or meditation.
3. Credentials of representatives to the nineteenth special session
of the General Assembly:
(a) Appointment of the members of the Credentials Committee;
(b) Report of the Credentials Committee.
4. Election of the President.
5. Report of the Commission on Sustainable Development.*
6. Organization of the session.
7. Adoption of the agenda.
8. Overall review and appraisal of the implementation of Agenda 21.
9. Adoption of the final document(s).
* In accordance with General Assembly resolutions 50/113, para. 4,
and 51/181, para. 2.
This document has been posted online by the United Nations
Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA). Reproduction and dissemination of the
document - in electronic and/or printed format - is encouraged, provided acknowledgement
is made of the role of the United Nations in making it available.
Date last posted: 15 January 2000 16:15:30
Comments and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org