16 May 1997
PROVISIONAL AGENDA OF THE NINETEENTH SPECIAL SESSION
OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY*
(* Issued in accordance with rule 16 of the rules of procedure.)
To convene at United Nations Headquarters, New York
on Monday, 23 June 1997, at 10 a.m.
1. Opening of the session by the Chairman of the delegation of Malaysia.
2. Minute of silent prayer or meditation.
3. Credentials of representatives to the nineteenth special session
of the General Assembly:
(a) Appointment of the members of the Credentials Committee;
(b) Report of the Credentials Committee.
4. Election of the President.
5. Report of the Commission on Sustainable Development.**
(** In accordance with General Assembly resolutions 50/113, para. 4,
and 51/181, para. 2. )
6. Organization of the session.
7. Adoption of the agenda.
8. Overall review and appraisal of the implementation of Agenda 21.
9. Adoption of the final document[s].