The information below links to selected websites. As an information-sharing platform, we are always searching for new content. Requests for consideration to add links to this webpage should be made to email@example.com.
The REACHING CRITICAL WILL PROJECT (of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom) has five aims:
- Centralize and disseminate information about intergovernmental meetings that discuss nuclear weapons and their elimination;
- Maintain a centralized electronic repository of information, and information services through the website www.reachingcriticalwill.org;
- Increase the quality and quantity of NGO preparation and participation in these processes;
- Increase the quality and quantity of NGO interaction with governments and the UN and its family of Specialized Agencies;
- Provide logistical support in facilitating activities before and during these fora tailored for policy-makers and the public.
The WMD Commission was launched by the Government of Sweden in Stockholm in December of 2003 to respond to worrying developments in international security, and to investigate ways of reducing the dangers from nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. Chaired by Dr Hans Blix, the former head of the IAEA and UNMOVIC, the WMD Commission was comprised 14 eminent members who represented a broad geographical and political base and who possessed a vast reservoir of expertise as well as political, governmental, academic and non-governmental experience.
Global Security Institute President Jonathan Granoff, Co-Chair of the American Bar Association's International Law Section Blue Ribbon Taskforce on Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament, held a dialogue with actor and UN Messenger of Peace, Michael Douglas, on cancer, mortality, humanitarian work, disarmament and more. Click here to see the video.
The Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor is an initiative providing research for the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) and the Cluster Munition Coalition (CMC). It is the de facto monitoring regime for the Mine Ban Treaty and the Convention on Cluster Munitions. The Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor produces several research products including the annual Landmine Monitor and Cluster Munition Monitor reports, online country profile reports, as well as factsheets and maps.