UNSCAR: UN Trust Facility Supporting Cooperation on Arms Regulation
UNSCAR is a multi-donor flexible funding mechanism designed to fund projects aimed at supporting the implementation of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) and the Programme of Action on small arms and light weapons (PoA), including South-South cooperation on assistance. To this effect, the Facility will aim to:
- mobilise resources to support the ratification and implementation of the ATT and the implementation of the PoA;
- improve effectiveness of assistance through better coordination, monitoring and matching of resources;
- promote increased sustainability through more predictable sources of funding.
Who is eligible for funding?
UN CASA partners, international organizations, NGOs, research institutes, including universities. Governments wishing to apply for funds through the Facility should work with eligible organisations to design and submit project proposals.
Eligible assistance proposals should:
- be consistent with the objectives of UNSCAR, as well as priority areas as identified in the annual UNSCAR Call for Proposals;
- consider enhancing partnership with regional organizations;
- be presented by at least one eligible implementing partner;
- have a minimum implementation period of one year and a maximum of two years, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
Project monitoring and reporting
All recipients of funds from UNSCAR have to submit interim and final narrative and financial reports.