UNSCAR: UN Trust Facility Supporting Cooperation on Arms Regulation
UNSCAR is a flexible multi-donor fund for supporting implementation of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) and the Programme of Action on small arms and light weapons (PoA).
- To fund high-quality, high-impact activities
- To improve effectiveness through better coordination, monitoring and matching of resources
- To promote increased sustainability through more predictable sources of funding
Who is eligible for funding?
UN CASA partners, international/regional organizations, NGOs, research institutes. Governments wishing to apply for funds through the Facility should work with eligible organisations.
Eligible assistance proposals should:
- be consistent with the objectives of UNSCAR
- not exceed $200,000
- be presented by an eligible implementing partner
- have a minimum implementation period of one year and a maximum of two years
Project monitoring and reporting
All recipients of funds from UNSCAR have to submit interim and final narrative and financial reports.