Agenda items of the General Assembly as allocated to the
1. Reduction of military budgets (item 62)
(a) Reduction of military budgets;
(b) Objective information on military matters, including transparency of military expenditures.
2. Verification in all its aspects, including the role of the United Nations in the field of verification (item 63).
3. Implementation of the Declaration of the Indian Ocean as a Zone of Peace (item 64).
4. African Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone Treaty (item 65).
5. Consolidation of the regime established by the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons in Latin America and the Caribbean (Treaty of Tlatelolco) (item 66).
6. Review of the implementation of the Declaration on the Strengthening of International Security (item 67).
7. Developments in the field of information and telecommunications in the context of international security (item 68).
8. Role of science and technology in the context of international security and disarmament (item 69).
9. Establishment of a nuclear-weapon-free zone in the region of the Middle East (item 70).
10. Conclusion of effective international arrangements to assure non-nuclear-weapon States against the use or threat of use of nuclear weapons (item 71).
11. Prevention of an arms race in outer space (item 72).
12. General and complete disarmament (item 73):
[The General Assembly decided that some portions of the annual report of the International Atomic Energy Agency (A/58/312), which deal with the subject matter of item 73, would be drawn to the attention of the First Committee in connection with its consideration of item 73].
(a) Notification of nuclear tests;
(b) Prohibition of the dumping of radioactive wastes;
(c) Reduction of non-strategic nuclear weapons;
(d) Towards a nuclear-weapon-free world: the need for a new agenda;
(e) Convening of the fourth special session of the General Assembly devoted to disarmament;
(f) Promotion of multilateralism in the area of disarmament and nonproliferation;
(g) Observance of environmental norms in the drafting and implementation of agreements on disarmament and arms control;
(h) Relationship between disarmament and development;
(i) National legislation on transfer of arms, military equipment and dual-use goods and technology;
(j) Bilateral strategic nuclear arms reductions and the new strategic framework;
(k) Establishment of a nuclear-weapon-free zone in Central Asia;
(l) Assistance to States for curbing the illicit traffic in small arms and collecting them;
(n) The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all its aspects;
(o) Nuclear-weapon-free southern hemisphere and adjacent areas;
(p) Implementation of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-personnel Mines and on Their Destruction;
(q) Transparency in armaments;
(r) Regional disarmament;
(s) Conventional arms control at the regional and subregional levels;
(u) Consolidation of peace through practical disarmament measures;
(v) Implementation of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction;
(w) Measures to prevent terrorists from acquiring weapons of mass destruction;
(x) Reducing nuclear danger;
(y) Follow-up to the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice on the Legality of the Threat or Use of Nuclear Weapons
(z) United Nations conference to identify ways of eliminating nuclear dangers in the context of nuclear disarmament.
13. Review and implementation of the Concluding Document of the Twelfth Special Session of the General Assembly (item 74):
(a) United Nations regional centres for peace and disarmament;
(b) Regional confidence-building measures: activities of the United Nations Standing Advisory Committee on Security Questions in Central Africa;
(c) United Nations Regional Centre for Peace, Disarmament and Development in Latin America and the Caribbean;
(d) United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Africa;
(e) United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific;
(f) Convention on the Prohibition of the Use of Nuclear Weapons.
14. Review of the implementation of the recommendations and decisions adopted by the General Assembly at its tenth special session (item 75):
(a) Advisory Board on Disarmament Matters;
(b) United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research;
(c) Report of the Disarmament Commission;
(d) Report of the Conference on Disarmament.
15. The risk of nuclear proliferation in the Middle East (item 76).
16. Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects (item 77).
17. Strengthening of security and cooperation in the Mediterranean region (item 78).
18. Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (item 79).
19. Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction (item 80).
A/C.1/58/1 of 29 September 2003.