Inter-Agency Support Group for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
At its 12th session in September 2006, the United Nations Chief Executives Board (CEB) took the decision to establish an Inter-Agency Support Group for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (now composed of over 25 UN system agencies, funds and programmes). The group is tasked with promoting compliance with the Principles of the Convention and increasing the scale and effectiveness of the United Nation’s involvement in disability issues. The General Assembly through its resolutions 65/186, 64/131 and 64/154 urged the United Nations system to make a concerted effort to integrate disability into its work and encouraged the Inter Agency Support Group on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities to continue working to ensure that development programmes, including Millennium Development Goals policies, processes and mechanisms, are inclusive of and accessible to persons with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Terms of Reference
Strategy and Plan of Action
UNDG Guidance Note - Including the rights of persons with disabilities in UN programming at the country level
- In October 2010, the United Nations Development Group (UNDG) endorsed a “Guidance note on integrating the rights of persons with disabilities in United Nations programming at the country level” (PDF version) for United Nations country teams. The Guidance Note was developed by a joint UNDG/IASG task team established by the UNDG Working Group on Programming Issues.
- Hard copies of the Guidance Note in English are now available. If you would like to receive a free copy please email email@example.com.
- Compilation of resource materials and tools including guidelines, reference tools and other materials on disability from members of the IASG
- Documents specific to UN programming at the country level
- Baseline review on mainstreaming the rights of persons with disabilities into UN Country Level Programming
- Resource Kit on Gender and Disability (forthcoming)
- Report of the High-Level Committee on Programmes (HLCP) at its Twelfth Session
- Report of the UNDG Meeting (6 October 2010)
- General Assembly resolution 61/106 - Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Second Teleconference (December 2011)
Sixth meeting (July 2011)
- Report of the sixth meeting of the IASG
- IASG Joint Plan of Action – UN Agency Progress report (December 2010 –July 2011)
- IASG Thematic Seminar “ Moving from segregated to inclusive services in vocational education and training – European and North American experience” organized by the ILO Skills and Employability Department. IASG Thematic Seminar Report
First Teleconference (December 2010)
Fifth meeting (May 2010)
- Report of the fifth meeting of the IASG (Draft version)