Pre-registration Guidelines for NGOs*
(* Only NGOs accredited to the Conference of States Parties and NGOs with ECOSOC Status can pre-register)
Click here for NGO Accreditation to the Conference of States Parties
<< Back to Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2-4 September 2009
Click here for a List of Non-Governmental Organization Accredited to the Conference of States Parties
Please complete the following three steps before accessing the Pre-Registration System.
- Review and update your contact information. Please ensure that “Disability, Development and Rights Organizations (DDRO)” is selected as the Organization type, and Fields of Activity is “Social Development”.
- Click here to begin the pre-registration process: http://esango.un.org/event/ngo.html?page=viewEvent&nr=3441
- Click on the link “Pre-register for this Event” and login using your iCSO User ID and Password.
- Click on the link “Designate Representative to this Event” and then add names to register new contacts. Note: Please ensure that the person you are registering in not already on the list.
- Please complete the entire form, including registration information, as well as other details such as country, weight, height, eye colour, hair colour, etc. (as this is required by the UN Department of Safety and Security Services).
If you do not have your login credentials, please email the NGO office at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of your organization.
- Within 5-10 days of completing the online registration form, a confirmation will be sent by email that contains a link to generate the Confirmation Letter. You MUST bring this letter to the registration desk at UN Headquarters to complete the registration process and attend the Conference of States Parties.
For more information;
The DESA-NGO Section has created a New Event Management System (EMS) http://www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/ that provides information on events and meetings related to Economic and Social Development. The system also facilitates online pre-registration to UN conferences open to civil society and allows for submission of NGO Statements to the Economic and Social Council.
DESA DSPD Civil Society and Outreach Unit: http://social.un.org/ngo
DESA NGO Section: www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/
DESA DSPD CSO: http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/ngo/contact.asp
DESA NGO Section: email@example.com