Founding Member State
Egypt is a Founding Member of the UN.
Egypt merged with the Syrian Arab Republic on 22 Feb. 1958 to form the United Arab Republic. It retained this name when the Syrian Arab Republic left the union on 27 Sept. 1961 and changed its name to the Arab Republic of Egypt on 2 September 1971; see the Historical Information from the UN Treaty Collection.
- General Debate statements
- all General Assembly search results in Index to Speeches database (38th session, 1983- present)
- search results in Index to Speeches (38th year, 1983- present)
Economic and Social Council
- search results in Index to Speeches database (1983- present)
Participation in the Security Council
Draft Resolutions Sponsored
- search results in UNBISnet bibliographic database
Periodic Reports on Human Rights Conventions
Search results for all periodic reports for any conventions in UNBISnet bibliographic database