We encourage prospective applicants to read carefully the UNDEF Seventh Round Project Proposal Guidelines on the UNDEF website when submitting a proposal. These FAQs are intended to supplement that information.
WHEN TO APPLY
1. When is the next call for proposals?
WHO CAN APPLY
2.Who can submit project proposals to UNDEF?
3. Do applicants need to be accredited by the UN to apply for funding?
4. A project from my organization has already been funded in a previous UNDEF funding round. Can I submit a project proposal for another funding round?
5. Are networks (of local NGOs) eligible for UNDEF funding?
6. Can an organization submit multiple proposals under an UNDEF round of funding? If yes, is there any limit to the number of applications that an organization can submit?
7. Is an organization based in a high-income economy eligible for funding?
8. What is the normal duration of an UNDEF project?
9. What are the low-priority types of expenditures and activities?
10. Are research activities funded by UNDEF?
11. Where can I find information on previous UNDEF funded projects?
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
12. What are the possible management arrangements for an UNDEF funded project?
13. Which management arrangement (CSOP or CSOP+EA) should I select for my project?
14. Does UNDEF prefer a partnership with an Executing Agency?
15. What is the Executing Agency fee?
16. Is an applicant entitled to use UNDEF funding to pay for programme support?
17. What are the minimum and the maximum budget amounts for an UNDEF project?
18. What is the difference between "budget by output" and "budget by activities"?
19. If the submitted project is co-financed, should these costs be included in the project budget?
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
20. What are the monitoring, reporting and evaluation requirements for an UNDEF funded project?
HOW TO APPLY - ON-LINE PROJECT PROPOSAL SYSTEM (OPPS)
21. What is the on-line project proposal system (OPPS)?
22. In which language can I submit my proposal?
23. What are the Dos & Don'ts of the OPPS?
24. How can I access a saved (but not yet submitted) project proposal?
25. How can I ensure that my proposal has been submitted?
26. Can I submit my proposal by mail, email or fax?
27. Can I submit additional documents to strengthen my proposal?
28. How can I view my submitted project proposal?
29. What can I do if I lose my log-in details?
TECHNICAL PROBLEMS WITH THE ON-LINE PROJECT PROPOSAL SYSTEM (OPPS)
30. What can I do if I cannot access the OPPS?
31. Why can't I submit my proposal?
32. If I have a technical problem, can I contact UNDEF?
33. My email address has been refused and I have tried several times. Would you have any idea how to avoid that?
34. I face difficulties filling in/saving my project proposal using internet explorer, what can I do?
HOW ARE PROPSALS ASSESSED AND WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS?
35. How will my proposal be assessed by UNDEF?
36. Who decides what projects will be funded?
37. How can I find out about the status of my proposal?