River Dodder Environmental Project|
The River Dodder Environmental Project has been established in St. Joseph's School, Terenure, Dublin, Ireland with the purpose of:
The above objectives will be met in a number of ways:
- Cleaning 3 Km. of the river and its banks.
- Creating greater public and civic awareness of the importance of the river environment
The sixth class boys have designated Friday, 5th of June as Terenure Environmental Day during which the River Dodder Project will be completed. That day will mark St. Joseph's action for the Planet in conjunction with the initiative announced by the United Nations.
- The boys will spend a total of 5 days cleaning the stretch of the river.
- They have written letters to the National Newspaper highlighting the need for action to protect the river.
- They have contacted and requested assistance from the civic authority i.e. Dublin Corporation and South Dublin County Council for assistance. This assistance is forthcoming.
- The River Dodder will be launched on the Internet and will be the first river of Dublin to be 'surfed' on the Web.
CARRIED OUT BY:
St. Josephs Boys National School, 6th Class
RESPONSIBLE TEACHER / SUPERVISOR:
Matt Hume, Declan Donnelly
SCHOOL PRINCIPAL / GROUP DIRECTOR: