16 July 2016 – The United Nations-supported Yemeni peace talks continued in Kuwait today after several weeks of daily sessions and two weeks of intensive consultations with regional and political leaders, the UN envoy for the country has said.
29 June 2016 – With an agreement on the guiding principles for the Yemen peace talks, United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, today announced that the UN-supported talks will enter a new phase for the next two weeks.
28 June 2016 – The United Nations humanitarian chief today stressed the need to transcend the divide between relief aid and development work, urging action on global commitments made at last month’s World Humanitarian Summit (WHS).
26 June 2016 – In Kuwait today, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed concern over the situation in Yemen, urging the delegations involved in the UN-supported Yemeni peace talks to prevent a further deterioration of the situation and arrive at a comprehensive agreement ending the conflict.
21 June 2016 – The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has released its 2015 annual report, articulating its response to the humanitarian challenges and human suffering, in all corners of the world that have overstretched the UN relief arm.
21 June 2016 – The United Nations–supported Yemeni peace talks under way in Kuwait have progressed “slowly, yet constructively,” over the last two months, with agreement still to be reached on the sequencing of the various steps proposed, including the timing of establishing a national unity government, the UN envoy for the country said today.
21 June 2016 – Vast swathes of war-torn Yemen – 19 out of 22 governorates – are facing severe food insecurity, and the situation within affected areas is likely to deteriorate if conflict persists, according to a new assessment by the United Nations and partners.
16 June 2016 – The top United Nations relief official for Yemen has reported that more than 13 million Yemenis are in need of immediate life-saving assistance as a result of a bleak humanitarian situation in the country that continues to worsen.
10 June 2016 – The United Nations human rights office today strongly condemned a series of rocket and mortar attacks against several residential areas and markets in Taiz between since last Friday, which killed 18 civilians, including seven children, and injured 68 others.