More opportunities to innovate and createPhoto:Jonathan Kalan
Leaders awakening to the need for job-creation programmesPhoto:Jonathan Kalan
African youth demand a say in decision makingPhoto:Corbis/APImages/Samuel Aranda
Cell phones reshape youth culturesPhoto:Africa Media Online/Antony Kaminju
Interview with JICA President, Akihiko TanakaPhoto:Africa Renewal/Bo Li
With more than a million people, Nollywood is the country’s second largest employerPhoto:Panos/Jacob Silberberg
A UN climate change conference in Doha, Qatar, concluded in December 2012 with a new agreement...
Waking up one day to hear that her entire family had been slaughtered sounded like a horror movie...
Every day sees visitors breaking down in tears while touring 97,000-square-foot Elmina Castle,...
Ni hao, Chinese for “hello,” or ting bu dong, meaning “I hear you, but I don’t understand,” are...
Opportunities and pitfalls in a rapidly expanding relationship
A “make or break” point for the country’s new leaders
Secretary-General on Africa
- Spokesperson's Office 21 May 2013 Secretary-General's remarks at meeting with members of Mozambique's National Human Rights Commission [as prepared for delivery]
- Spokesperson's Office 21 May 2013 Secretary-General's remarks at press encounter with Foreign Minister Oldemiro Baloi of Mozambique
- UN News 21 May 2013 UN chief promotes education, gender empowerment during final day of Mozambique visit
- Spokesperson's Office 20 May 2013 Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Madagascar
- Spokesperson's Office 20 May 2013 Readout of Secretary-General's meetings at Mozambique's National Assembly
UN News Feed
- Latest updates on UNAIDS 21 May 2013 UNAIDS reports more than 7 million people now on HIV treatment across Africa––with nearly 1 million added in the last year—while new HIV infections and deaths from AIDS continue to fall
- IRIN news 20 May 2013 Malaria overstretching healthcare in DRC
- UNIC Recent Activities 17 May 2013 Photo Exhibition "International Cultural Dialogue"
- IRIN news 17 May 2013 Making WASH work in Burkina Faso’s cities
- IRIN news 17 May 2013 Briefing: Restive northern Kenya sees shifting power, risks