Unit 6: City Solutions:
A Healthy Urban Future
Don't forget this week's Ideal City activity.
- How would you define a healthy city? You can use the text as a guideline but try thinking about
what you would expect from a healthy city.
- What does it mean to provide basic services to all citizens?
- What are some ways in which a community can get involved in improving an urban neighborhood?
Are there any examples of this in your neighborhood or city?
- What could you or your school do to get involved in improving your neighborhood? Are there any
local organizations you can work with? How about the municipality?
- Pick one of the examples under "City Solutions" in the text. Imagine the life of a person who lives
in that city. Describe how their life might have been changed by the improvements mentioned in the