Unit 3: What is a City Made Of?
The objectives of Unit 3 are:
- to introduce students to the concepts of "population density" and "efficiency"
- to explain the terms "infrastructure" and "services"
- to illustrate that making a city function is a complex matter and that our day-to-day lives depend on it
- to provide a way of understanding the elements that make the student's own city and home function
- to provide a way of understanding differences in terms of infrastructure and services among cities in the world
- to emphasize that there are unjust disparities in the services that are provided to a city's inhabitants