|Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York|
Independent Audit Advisory Committee Holds Twenty-Second Session
The Independent Audit Advisory Committee of the United Nations (IAAC) held its twenty-second session from 10 to 12 April 2013.
The session, which was held at United Nations Headquarters in New York, was presided over by the Chairman, J. Christopher Mihm. All the other members of the IAAC, namely, Vadim V. Dubinkin (Vice-Chairman), Vinod Rai, John F. S. Muwanga and Adrian P. Strachan, were in attendance.
The IAAC’s deliberations included inter-alia meetings with:
1. Yukio Takasu, Under-Secretary-General for Management, on the status of implementation of oversight bodies’ recommendations, including any apparent trends, update on the deliberation in the Fifth Committee with respect to the implementation of the Accountability System and the way forward.
2. Carman Lapointe, Under-Secretary-General, and senior managers of the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) regarding a wide range of matters, including (i) operational constraints; (ii) the status of vacant posts; (iii) status of regular budget work plan implementation for the 2012-2013 biennium; (iv) the budget proposal under the regular budget for the 2014-2015 biennium; (v) the capacity gap analysis; and (vi) issues of high risk that require the IAAC’s attention.
3. Gina Casar, Assistant Secretary-General, Controller, on the OIOS proposed programme budget for the OIOS regular budget submission for the biennium 2014-2015 and the status of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) implementation.
4. Valerie Amos, Under-Secretary-General for the Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, on the progress made in implementing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) system in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
The next (twenty-third) session of the IAAC is scheduled for July 2013 at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
For further information on the work of the IAAC, please contact the Committee’s Executive Secretary, Moses Bamuwamye, at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +1 212 963 0788 or fax: +1 212 963 0600.
* *** *For information media • not an official record