With the collaboration of 33 UN agencies providing their own procurement information, UNOPS has published the 2013 Annual Statistical Report on United Nations Procurement.
The overall procurement volume of UN organizations during 2013 increased to US$16.1 billion from US$15.4 billion in 2012.
UNPD (US$ 2.997 billion), UNICEF (US$ 2.741 billion), UNDP (US$ 2.269 billion) and WFP (US$ 2.477 billion) are topping the list and together account for 67% of the total procurement volume of UN organizations.
This year's report presents the data in greater granularity enabling for a more detailed analysis and now includes:
- An analysis of the procurement of developing countries and transition economies over the previous 10 years
- An analysis of countries with the largest procurement increase over the previous 10 years
- An analysis of procurement by sectors of categories of goods and services
- A category analysis of goods and services procured from developing countries and transition economies
- Revised sustainability indicators allowing for an improved understanding of UN system performance in sustainable procurement implementation
The report can be downloaded directly from the UNOPS website.