UNITED NATIONSNATIONS UNIES
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF RESUME FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE
UNITED NATIONS SECRETARIAT FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
- I. Personal data (Incomplete information will lead to delay in considering your application)
- - Name (Last, First, Middle Initial)
- - Address
- - City, Region/State, Postal Code
- - Telephone/Facsimile (Please note this number maybe used for confidential communications)
- - DOB: Age:
- - Nationality, Gender, Marital Status, All other Citizenship held.
- II. Education
- - List the degree(s) and major area of study. Indicate the date (in reverse chronological order), the name of the institution and location where the degree was obtained.
- III. Summary of Professional skills and/or expertise.
- - Field of expertise (be as specific as possible) i.e. Finance, Human Resources, Audit, Procurement.
- - Credentials or professional training relevant to expertise (i.e. CPA).
- - Computer skills (both hardware and software).
- IV. Summary of relevant work experience.
- - Please provide an overview of work history in reverse chronological order. Provide dates, your title, employer, type of business, location, the area of work and major accomplishments. Please include salary history.
- - Please indicate any supervisory experience including number of people supervised.
- - Please specify any UN related experience
- V. Publications
- - Provide a list of publications, if any, which should not exceed 4.
- VI. Languages
- - Mother tongue
- - Other languages. Indicate written and verbal proficiency (Fluent/full working knowledge/minimal working knowledge).
- VII. Other
- - Please indicate if any of your relatives are employed by a public international organization. If so, please provide the name of the person, relationship and name of the international organization.
- - Please indicate any restrictions that should be taken into account in connection with your employment with the United Nations.
I CERTIFY THAT ALL INFORMATION STATED IN THIS RESUME IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I AUTHORIZE THE UNITED NATIONS TO VERIFY THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS RESUME.
NOTE: Please send a DETAILED RESUME FOLLOWING THE ABOVE GUIDELINES to STAFFING@UN.ORG. A hard copy of the resume should be sent through postal service to the address indicated on the vacancy announcement.