University Outreach Programme
List of Universities that signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with the United Nations
22. London Metropolitan University, 4 February 2013:
MoU signed by ASG Franz Baumann and Prof. Peter McCaffery, Deputy Vice Chancellor of LMU.
21. Ain Shams University, Faculty of Al-Alsun (ASU), Cairo, Egypt, 17 May 2012:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban M. Shaaban and Prof. Hussein Eissa, Acting President of ASU
20. Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina, 10 February 2012:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban M. Shaaban and Dr. Carolina Scotto, President of UNC.
19. Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China, 24 May 2011:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban M. Shaaban and Prof. Weihe Zhong, President of GDUFS.
17. University of Nairobi, Kenya, 9 November 2010:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Prof. Isaac M. Mbeche, Principal, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Nairobi.
14. Ecole Supérieure d’Interprètes et de Traducteurs (ESIT) and Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3, France, 9 March 2010: (media coverage)
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Dr. Catherine Teule Martin, Director of ESIT and Mrs. Marie-Christine Lemardeley, President of the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3.
10. Minsk State Linguistic University (MSLU), Belarus, 18 January 2010:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Dr. Natalia Baranova, Rector of MSLU.
9. Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS), USA, 12 November 2009:
MoU signed by ASG Baumann and Dr. Sunder Ramaswamy, President of MIIS.
8. Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Russian Federation, 5 November 2009:
MoU signed by Vladimir Gratchev, Director, Division of Conference Management, UNOG, and Prof. Anatoliy Torkunov, Rector of MGIMO.
7. Université de Genève, Switzerland, 10 July 2009:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Prof. Jean-Dominique Vassalli, Rector of the Université de Genevè.
6. Universidad de Salamanca, Spain, 20 February 2009:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Dr. José Ramón Alonso, Rector of the University of Salamanca.
5. University of Bath, United Kingdom, 18 February 2009:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Prof. Glynis Breakwell, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bath.
4. The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, Russian Federation, 28 August 2008:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Prof. Gennady Bordovsky, Rector of the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia.
3. Shanghai International Studies University, China, 5 August 2008:
MoU signed by ASG Mengesha and Mr. Cao Deming, President of Shanghai International Studies University.
2. Beijing Foreign Studies University, China, 5 August 2008:
MoU signed by ASG Mengesha and Mr. Wang Lidi, Dean of the Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation of Beijing Foreign Studies University.
1. University of Westminster, United Kingdom, 30 April 2008:
MoU signed by USG Shaaban and Prof. Geoffrey Petts, Vice-Chancellor and Rector of the University of Westminster.
Last Update: 18 March 2013 / Abigail Loregnard